Oregon Ductless System Installation
Advantages of Ductless Heating & Cooling System Installation
When it’s time to choose a heating and cooling system for a new home or as a replacement for an old, problematic baseboard heater, consider installing a ductless system. This high-performance, energy-efficient heating and cooling system is steadily gaining popularity among homeowners throughout Oregon. In fact, you have most likely seen a small, indoor device installed high on a wall in someone’s home or even an office. If you are ready to make the switch, count on Oregon Ductless Heroes for superior service!
To get started, give us a call at (503) 755-5332. We can set up an in-home consultation and walk you through your options for ductless systems in Oregon including Portland and other nearby communities.
What are Ductless Systems?
Ductless systems, as the name suggests, do not require ductwork. They have an outdoor unit that connects to an indoor unit using a set of small cables, one of which is a refrigerant line.
The outdoor unit is placed at ground level outdoors, while the indoor unit is typically placed up on a wall in bedrooms and main living areas. These days, most ductless units come with a remote control so that you can easily adjust the system settings for greater comfort and efficiency.
A ductless heat pump is energy saving technology that conveys heat without the need to generate heat. Compared to traditional heating and cooling units, ductless systems are quieter, distribute air more efficiently and offer numerous benefits to occupants of a living or working space.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Ductless System
When we think of ductless systems, we often think of how efficient they are at reverse heating and not needing any ductwork installation. Even though all of those things sound great, you should still be aware of common problems that come with this system and be aware of when you may need to replace your system.
Water Leaks -
With a ductless system, it is connected to a refrigerant line, power line and a condensate line. With the condensate line, it removes the moisture for the air and helps reduce the humidity throughout your home. Although, if you notice a water drip behind the air handler on the wall, this can lead to the air handler falling to the ground.
Leaking Refrigerant -
A problem that can occur in ductless systems as well is a leaking refrigerant, just like heat pumps, ductless systems rely on refrigerant to run properly. Once your system starts to leak refrigerant, you may notice a few things. You may see that your heating or cooling isn't working as well, maybe even the coils on the air handler icing over. If you notice things things you may need a repair or replace your ductless mini split.
Ductless air conditioners are usually made to last around 15 to 20 years. Having a system older than that, you'll probably be facing frequent repairs on your ductless system. If you notice that this is happening, you will end up saving money in the long run by replacing your system all together.
Benefits of Making the Switch to Ductless
Ductless heat pumps increase your home’s heating and cooling flexibility. You can control the temperature in one room or all of the rooms, thus ensuring that each room is comfortable. However, you are never wasting energy, so your utility bills will look much more appealing to you.
Here are the most significant benefits of a ductless system:
- More Comfort – Ductless systems distribute warm and cool air in open spaces more efficiently, especially if your home features a modern open-floor plan style.
- Cheaper Installation – Installation of a traditional heating and cooling unit can be costly if you require new ductwork or have to replace your existing ductwork. Ductless systems do not require any ductwork and just need one installation point. In most cases, they can be installed and operational in a day.
- Cleaner Air – Ductwork builds up with dust, dander, debris and hair over the years. You typically need to clean out your ducts professionally every year or 2 years depending on the volume of contaminants they are likely to collect. While they are present, these particles are emitted into the air. Ductless systems feature air purification in addition to heating and cooling, which means the air is consistently cleaner and healthier.
- Efficient Running Costs – Ductless heating and cooling systems keep your home comfortable at a fraction of the cost of traditional heating and cooling methods. You can also turn off the air in rooms that are not in use, thus ensuring the energy your unit consumes only what you need.
- Year-Round Comfort – Ductless units can be used for all seasons because they emit heated and cooled air.
- PGE Savings – Portland General Electric also offers incentives to customers that install ductless systems. These incentives range from rebates to overall better efficiency. The exact savings will vary, but as long as you use a PGE contractor for your ductless unit, you are bound to save even more.
Oregon Ductless Heroes carries a wide selection of ductless systems from industry-leading manufacturers including Mitsubishi, Trane, Daikin, and LG. We are here to help you select the right ductless system for your home and provide you with quality installation.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Ductless System
Our technicians at Oregon Ductless Heroes are your trusted experts when it comes to choosing the right duct system for your home. Our 21+ years of industry experience taught us that no two homes are ever the same, and that includes their comfort requirements. With this in mind, we always take the time to consider several important factors when narrowing down your options for a ductless system.
Some of these factors include:
- Your budget
- The correct size of the system
- Your zoning preference
- Energy-efficiency rating of the system
- Whether you prefer a heat pump or just an AC
Once you’ve chosen the right ductless system, we will go ahead and schedule the installation. For homes that only require one or two ductless indoor units, our technicians can usually complete the installation in a day.
Schedule an In-Home Consultation
Oregon Ductless Heroes offers financing options through third-party lenders including Wells Fargo and Trane. We also give customers a free, detailed quote for their ductless investment and the installation fee to avoid any surprises at the end of the job. Get started today by scheduling an appointment with our expert Oregon ductless installation team. We look forward to providing you with the energy-efficient comfort equipment you deserve.
Call today or contact us online to schedule a ductless heating and cooling system installation in Oregon. We serve Portland and the surrounding areas!
Oh, my gosh! These guys are awesome.- Julie R.
I'll be using them again, and highly recommending them to everyone.- Mike S.
I would recommend them to anyone looking for a new system.- Ashley C.
Love our single wall head mini split.- Jacqueline P.
Fantastic company!- Alyssa E.