Why Switch to Ductless Heating and Cooling in Your Home?
Ductless heating and cooling systems are becoming increasingly popular. In fact, you have most likely seen a small, indoor device installed high on a wall in someone’s home or even an office. So, have you thought about using one in your own residence? Perhaps you are considering but don’t have enough information. Here is a quick overview to help you decide.
What are Ductless Systems?
Ductless systems, as the name suggests, do not require ductwork. They have an outdoor unit that connects to an indoor unit using a set of small cables, one of which is a refrigerant line.
The outdoor unit is placed at ground level outdoors, while the indoor unit is typically placed up on a wall in bedrooms and main living areas. These days, most ductless units come with a remote control so that you can easily adjust the system settings for greater comfort and efficiency.
A ductless heat pump is energy saving technology that conveys heat without the need to generate heat. Compared to traditional heating and cooling units, ductless systems are quieter, distribute air more efficiently and offer numerous benefits to occupants of a living or working space.
Benefits of Making the Switch
Ductless heat pumps increase your home’s heating and cooling flexibility. You can control the temperature in one room or all of the rooms, thus ensuring that each room is comfortable. However, you are never wasting energy, so your utility bills will look much more appealing to you. Here are the most significant benefits of a ductless system:
- More Comfort – Ductless systems distribute warm and cool air in open spaces more efficiently, especially if your home features a modern open-floor plan style.
- Cheaper Installation – Installation of a traditional heating and cooling unit can be costly if you require new ductwork or have to replace your existing ductwork. Ductless systems do not require any ductwork and just need one installation point. In most cases, they can be installed and operational in a day.
- Cleaner Air – Ductwork builds up with dust, dander, debris and hair over the years. You typically need to clean out your ducts professionally every year or 2 years depending on the volume of contaminants they are likely to collect. While they are present, these particles are emitted into the air. Ductless systems feature air purification in addition to heating and cooling, which means the air is consistently cleaner and healthier.
- Efficient Running Costs – Ductless heating and cooling systems keep your home comfortable at a fraction of the cost of traditional heating and cooling methods. You can also turn off the air in rooms that are not in use, thus ensuring the energy your unit consumes only what you need.
- Year-Round Comfort – Ductless units can be used for all seasons because they emit heated and cooled air.
- PGE Savings – Portland General Electric also offers incentives to customers that install ductless systems. These incentives range from rebates to overall better efficiency. The exact savings will vary, but as long as you use a PGE contractor for your ductless unit, you are bound to save even more.
Licensed Technicians in Your Area to Install a Ductless System
If you are ready to take advantage of the savings and comfort, contact Oregon Ductless, Inc. today. We have access to the latest ductless systems – including single-zone, multi-zone and whole house systems.
To receive a no-obligation estimate for a ductless system in your home, call us at 503-410-1309. Contact us online to learn more about our ductless heating and cooling options.
*12 year warranty on select ductless heat pump systems