Baseboard or Cadet Heat Replacement
Still Using Baseboard Or Cadet Heaters? Time to Consider an Alternative Solution
Baseboard and Cadet heaters used to be considered the most inexpensive, convenient way to heat your entire home. They circulate the air from below for more effective heating. While they are generally considered safe for grown-ups, they are not the safest for small children or pets. Even with baseboard heat covers, young children can suffer from severe burns and the unit is always warm to the touch – regardless if it is covered.
Portland General Electric is now recommending that all homeowners replace their baseboard and Cadet heating units. Not only is this for the safety of those in your home, but today, technological advancements have created more effective and efficient ways to heat your home. Ductless heat pumps, for example, are energy-efficient, affordable to install, and reduce the risks that traditional baseboard heaters carry.
Contact Oregon Ductless at 503-303-5353 to learn about your alternative heating options, including ductless heat pumps.
We serve customers in Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Lake Oswego, Clackamas, Hillsboro, Milwaukie, Oregon City, Gresham, Sherwood, Tualatin, King City and the nearby areas of Oregon.
Advantages of Switching to Ductless Heat Pumps
While you may think that baseboard and Cadet heaters are still the most effective, cheap way to heat your home, there are definite advantages to removing those heating units and switching to a ductless heat pump. Some of these advantages include:
- Affordable Heating – The cost of using a heat pump is half that of oil-burning units. A ductless heat pump also saves Oregon homeowners 25 to 50 percent on utility bills compared to traditional baseboard units.
- Energy Tax Credit – Oregon residents have access to tax credits and incentives for installing a ductless heat pump instead of using their baseboard and Cadet heaters. As long as a variable speed compressor and high ARI is used, you can get these credits.
- Double Duty – Ductless heat pumps do not just heat your indoor space; they cool it too. They are twice as efficient as traditional air conditioning units, which means you’ll save on heating and cooling year-round.
- Safety – Ductless heat pumps remove the risk that baseboard and Cadet heaters carry. You do not have to worry about small children or pets gaining access to the heated coils.
- Improved Air Quality – You can purchase heat pumps with air purification systems which will control humidity levels, clean the air and filtrate, all through a single unit.
While you may pay more to remove the old, wired baseboard and Cadet heaters and install a ductless heat pump, the savings over time and tax incentives will more than recover your cost.
Daikin: The Leader in Ductless Heat Pumps
Daikin products are revolutionary when it comes to ductless heat. Their heat pumps are energy-efficient, offer advanced air filtration, and even come wireless – so you can control the temperature from a single unit. The Daikin LV Series is best for baseboard and Cadet heat replacement because it is cost-effective and efficient.
Contact Oregon Ductless for Your Daikin Ductless Heat Pump
Oregon Ductless is your local expert in ductless heat pumps and Daikin products. Whether you need assistance installing a ductless system or you need help first removing your baseboard or Cadet heater, our technicians are here to serve you.
We have been proudly installing, repairing and maintaining home comfort systems for over 21 years and we can help you today.
Call Oregon Ductless at 503-303-5353 to learn more about baseboard or Cadet heat replacement with Daikin ductless heat pumps.